Friday, April 24, 2015
One of the biggest annual events on the East Coast, The Bray Summerfest has in effect been cancelled this year, with organizers saying that they will only be applying for a licence to provide the Air Display and the funfair and the on the seafront The committee issued a statement today saying they were forced into this position after public representatives in the Bray district council decided to reduce the operating days of the Summerfest funfair. Last month the Bray Municipal District Councillors voted to reduce the number of days the Summerfest Fun Fair can operate on the seafront from 24 to 15 from next year onwards. The Summerfest committee says the revenue generated by the funfair, is crucial to financing the four week long Summerfest , which has seen record numbers of visitors drawn to the town, particularly for the Air Display. At a meeting this week the Summerfest Committee decided to apply for an event license to provide this year’s Bray Air Display and the Festival Funfair. But says its full 4 week festival programme will not take place. They say this will allow some of this year’s funds to be held for an Air display next year.
Posted by Gareth at 12:22 PM